Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Introducing

DESIGN TEAM MEMBER – JEANNIE REED

Jeannie photo-1

Jeannie is a valued member of our Design team and we are also lucky enough to have her as part of our team in the shop. Jeannie has a very eclectic style, is able to turn her hand to both Scrapbooking and Cardmaking.and is always full of surprises.

We asked Jeannie a few questions so you could get to know her better.

1.What is your favourite tool?
My favourite card making tool is definitely my Herma glue dispenser – I just hate to craft without it!
2. What is your favourite technique?
My favourite technique is paper piecing, either stamping onto different patterned papers or cutting patterned papers freehand - one of my favourite ( and well used) designs is cute birds in trees
3. What colours do you like using most?
I think black and white cards always look very effective but I don’t have any favourite colours.
4. Name your favourite embellishment.
I like to use paper flowers and leaves to make pretty embellishments
5. Do you ever buy a card and why?

This year, although I did make about 60 Christmas cards, for the first time in about 10 years I bought some Christmas Cards as due to an increase in my working hours I ran out of time to make them all.

6. What occasion do you not like making cards for?
I find it difficult to make wedding cards as it is such a special occasion I worry that my card will not be up to scratch.
7. What occasion is your favourite for making cards?
I love making Birthday Cards that I can personalise for the person that I’m making it for.
8. Tell us three things about yourself.
1) My family call me the mad cat lady. 2) My ambition is to own a vintage VW Camper. 3)My favourite place is St Ives in Cornwall.
9. What do you predict will be popular (name a technique or style) in 2012 in the cardmaking world?
I think with the increasing variety of new cutting dies on the market that die cuts will feature strongly on cards this year and also there seems to be several new ranges of paper featuring hexagons as part of the design which may reflect in card designs this year.
10. What card size do you use most and why?
Most of my cards are square as square cards always seem to look more balanced to me.

We asked Jeannie to send 3 or four of her favourite cards from 2011 to share with you.

jeannier1

jeannier2

jeannier3
You can see more of Jeannies work on her blog Lilac Kitty Creations.

Thank you for sharing Jeannie. We look forward to seeing all of your lovely work in 2012. xx