Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Journaling Classes have finished

and as I've just loaded the Heidi Swapp papers onto the website I thought I'd better give you some ideas on how to use them.

When I first saw them I fell in love with the simple colours and theme that runs through them. I had already used World Traveler - Old Map,in Tim Holtz Class so I was delighted to see the rest were just as beautiful. These papers are made for altering and stamping on so here goes with a brief description. I will add more photographs of the detail tomorrow, when it is light.

On the first layout I kept the journaling to a bare minimum with just a few words and a title. The word Journey is a cut off from the World Traveler - Compass paper and has been stamped with a delicate journalling stamp. Maroon papers from the back of one of the papers has been used to define the title. The corners on the large photo are made using segments from the compass on the journey paper slip.



The second layout was to show hidden journalling in its simplist form. The 2 pictures at the top of the page hide the journalling. The rider on a horse silhouette, is actually from a dingbat font called YeeHaw. The title is cut using Cricut, distressed with Fired Brick Distress Ink and glazed with Glossy Accents.




The third layout was made to show how good it looks when you write on your photos. The photos were taken in the Trunk Show at Creative escape 2008. I have used the Super Color White Markers to do the writing. The title ART was cut out using Craft Robo, distressed with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink, Stamped with a small scrit and flourish and then glazed with Glossy Accents. The clocks are also stamps, double matted onto black and white.



The last layout was made using a piece of 12 x 12 Acetate and a Super Color White Marker. Here is the acetate without the background. I used one of the papers as a pattern for the scroll.



and here is the finished layout with paper and photos.



I really enjoyed using the acetate and intend to use it a lot more in the future. The skys the limit with this new 12 x 12 Acetate.