Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Okay

so classes are all prepared and at last I am free to create for myself again.

Here is the 6 x 6 page I finished tonight for the Deco swap on UKS. It is very difficult to get the camera to pick up the detail but needless to say it took a lot more work than it looks.



The base is cream linen card coloured using Tattered Angels Autumn Leaves Glimmer Mist and dabbed with a piece of kitchen roll. (You can see the circular marks it left which gave me my background.

Next the wording on the left was stamped in red stazon.

On the right I stamped the Buddha using The essential Glue pad and then laid gold leaf over the top. I put a piece of paper on top of the gold leaf,pressed firmly and then used a stencil brush to remove any unused leaf.

The same technique was used for the dragonfly on the red card which was then backed on a piece of black card and sewn to the page with gold thread.

I finished off the piece with a dragon coin suspended by twisted gold wire.

The maple leaves were cut from some paper I had and decorated with a Gold Dabber.

Here are the 3 rejected backgrounds which I can adapt for another project in the future.





I really enjoyed doing it. Hope you like it.