Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Altering 12 x 12 paper

How many of us have bought papers in the past and never used them? Alternatively how many of us have gone into shops and seen beautiful papers that we won't buy because again, we cannot see them as pages.

Well this happened to us in 2007. When choosing the Christmas papers I fell in love with these two papers by Adornit and ordered them (as you do).




I wanted to use them for a class but everytime I looked at them I drew a blank. After Christmas, the traditional time at Scrapbook Sisters, for making the class Christmas layout, I sat down with them again and decided to ALTER them.

The first, the Christmas Tree, I did as an example with no photo. I changed the writing from multi coloured to gold using a quickie glue pen and fine gold glitter. I then removed 2 parts of the christmas tree and replaced them with gold Miri Card. The baubles were cut using a circle punch and silver glamour card.



The second one, I thought, needed something added so I cut several different sized diamonds out of white Bazzill cardstock and then stamped and embossed them using one of Tim Holtz stamps, versamark ink and ultrafine gold embossing powder.The multi coloured writing was again changed to gold using a quickie glue pen and gold ultrafine glitter. The baubles I cut out of scrap paper and glittered up. They were then attached to the page using 3mm sticky pads. The letters were plain chipboard painted with Rangers gold paint dabber and then edged with gold foil.



Hope you like them.